This project risk management course, based on the Project Management Institute’s (PMI’s) A Guide to the Project Management Body of Knowledge (PMBOK® Guide) and The Standard for Risk Management in Portfolios, Programs, and Projects (2019), focuses on advanced concepts and special techniques for effective project risk management. First, you’ll explore the vital concepts and success factors of risk management and learn how to create a tailored risk management plan. Then, you’ll investigate a variety of methods to help you identify specific project risks, prioritize them, and quantify the potential outcomes and impacts of significant risks. Finally, you’ll learn to plan and implement appropriate risk responses in a controlled way to ensure successful achievement of your project’s objectives.
Note: Registration for this course closes two days before the course start date.
"PMBOK" is a registered mark of the Project Management Institute, Inc.
Earn a SAIT micro-credential
This course qualifies for the SAITMicro badge. Students who successfully complete this course with a final grade of A- (80%) or higher will earn a micro-credential and receive a shareable digital badge. Learn more.
Upon completion of this course, you will be able to:
- Create a tailored risk management plan for a case- study project that covers all relevant organizational parameters and sources of uncertainty;
- Develop a comprehensive list of project risks using a variety of different threat identification methods;
- Analyze risks for a case- study project using best practice qualitative and quantitative methods to prioritize the risks, support decision-making, and estimate financial impact;
- Plan appropriate risk responses based on recognized threat and opportunity management strategies;
- Control project risks throughout the project life cycle in collaboration with the team and project stakeholders.
There are no prerequisites for this course.