Product management is a function within a product development team that focuses on successfully executing the product lifecycle — from conception to retirement. In this immersive program, you will learn how to conduct user and market research to identify problems, create a hypothesis and ideate solutions to those problems. You'll explore prototyping techniques to test the viability, value, feasibility, usability and the morality of the ideas will also be discussed. You will also collaborate as a product manager as you partner with a development team on a multidisciplinary capstone project. This project provides applied learning opportunities to use your project management skills to design/develop a product or service that addresses real-world user needs.
Earn a Micro-Credential
This course qualifies for the SAITMicro badge. Students who successfully complete this course with a final grade of A- (80%) or higher will earn a micro-credential and receive a shareable digital badge. Learn more.
Get the support you need to advance your tech-driven career
Connect with our experts about:
- course advising
- funding options
- career support
Upon completing this course, you will understand how to:
- develop a full cycle design thinking practice for a product and the role of a product manager
- present a story, vision and strategy for a product
- use agile tools for prioritization, backlog management, roadmap creation and measuring for success
- develop methods on how to create effective user and stakeholder interviews, by incorporating great questioning
- lead tactics discussion
- perform team formation and building a kick off along with live stakeholder interviews
- act as an effective leader by embedding design thinking principles into your practice
- create a product Demo Template
- create a Go To Market plan
- showcase the full journey of the product build.
There are no prerequisites for this course.