PHOT 021 - Photography Foundations 1
The Photography Foundations 1 course focuses on the foundational skills you need to master the technical basics of your digital camera while introducing you to the fundamentals of digital imaging and best practices in file management. Whether you are a beginner wanting to take better pictures of your family, or a communications professional looking to add a visual component to your professional skillset — this course will get you started with those foundations. Through a combination of experiential learning and classroom theory, you will gain the basic skills and knowledge needed to start creating images that reflect your photographic vision.
Earn a SAIT micro-credential
This course qualifies for the SAITMicro badge. Students who successfully complete this course with a final grade of A- (80%) or higher will earn a micro-credential and receive a shareable digital badge. Learn more.
Upon completion of this course, you will be able to:
- demonstrate best practices in digital image processing and file management
- control the main components of a digital camera with interchangeable lenses
- employ the tools and techniques used to improve image composition
- demonstrate shutter speed and its relationship to exposure and moving subject matter (Shutter Priority Exposure Mode)
- demonstrate aperture and its relationship to exposure and depth of field control (Aperture Priority Exposure Mode).
Applies Towards the Following Certificates
- Photography Certificate of Completion : Photography