This course builds on the foundational photographic principles learned in PHOT 021 and focuses on more advanced concepts and theory. You will develop an understanding of manual exposure control and how to apply this knowledge to available lighting conditions as well as basic external (on-camera) flash photography.
Earn a SAIT micro-credential
This course qualifies for the SAITMicro badge. Students who successfully complete this course with a final grade of A- (80%) or higher will earn a micro-credential and receive a shareable digital badge. Learn more
Upon completion of this course, you will be able to:
- customize an image using ISO, shutter speed, and aperture to control exposure
- produce a controlled lighting set-up, by changing the quality and direction of light on a subject
- evaluate different focal lengths and how they affect perspective, depth, and compression in photography
- apply proper on-camera flash photography techniques under a variety of lighting conditions, using the flash as a main light as well as a fill light
- demonstrate basic portraiture using advanced on-camera flash photography techniques.
RecommendationsPHOT 021 (Photography Foundations 1) is strongly recommended prior to taking this course.
Applies Towards the Following Certificates
- Photography Certificate of Completion : Photography