This course builds on the technical fundamentals taught in PHOT 021 and PHOT 022 and takes a more advanced approach to complex photographic projects and environments. The course also helps you develop a niche that aligns with your photographic interests while applying common marketing and branding practices to a larger scale project.
Earn a SAIT micro-credential
This course qualifies for the SAITMicro badge. Students who successfully complete this course with a final grade of A- (80%) or higher will earn a micro-credential and receive a shareable digital badge. Learn more
Upon completion of this course, you will be able to:
- apply advanced equipment, exposure and focus techniques to common action/event-based photographic assignments
- demonstrate basic off-camera flash photography techniques using wireless flash triggering methods
- predict location-specific challenges that impact your gear requirements and photographic approach for different genres of photography
- plan, develop, and execute a longer form photographic project that aligns with your own photographic vision and interests
- curate a body of photographic work that can be promoted to a wider audience through portfolio development and subsequent branding and social media best practices.
PrerequisitesPHOT 021 (Photography Foundations 1) and PHOT 022 (Photography Foundations 2) are strongly recommended for success in this course.
Applies Towards the Following Certificates
- Photography Certificate of Completion : Photography