AUDI 012 - Intro to Live Sound Engineering
Course DescriptionThis course gives you the basic technical and communication skills to become a professional live sound engineer. You'll leave with a working knowledge of live sound as you explore equipment and learn the fundamentals of signal and system theory. You'll also develop proper communication skills while understanding how to be part of a technical sound crew and production team.
Earn a Micro-Credential
This course qualifies for the SAITMicro badge. Students who successfully complete this course with a final grade of A- (80%) or higher will earn a micro-credential and receive a shareable digital badge. Learn more.
Upon completing this course, you will know how to:
- discuss the environment and different roles in the development of a live sound engineer
- apply concepts and methods in determining signal parameter values
- explain how to select the proper microphone for a specific application
- demonstrate the operation of a mixing console
- identify various types of loudspeaker systems typically used in the live event
- explain how to properly match amplifiers and loudspeakers
- assess various types of signal processors such as compressors and equalizers
- demonstrate the correct operation of a sound system.
NotesAll courses AUDI and VDEO
- usb stick for all (32GB)
- video portable SSD Drive (1TB)
- plug in headphones
- laptop with standard SAIT requirements
PrerequisitesAUDI 011 or AUDI 017
Applies Towards the Following Certificates
- Digital Audio Certificate of Achievement : If pursuing the full certificate, we recommend taking the courses in this order: