Computer-aided design and drafting (CADD) skills are in demand across various industries including engineering, construction, and interior design. In this course, learn how to use AutoCAD software to draft and design basic two-dimensional (2D) drawings. Through practical, hands-on exercises, we will:
- Apply basic sketching techniques to create design drawings.
- Annotate and interpret design drawing measurements, standards, and conventions.
- Use techniques and features of AutoCAD to create and edit multi-view drawings of objects.
Earn a SAIT micro-credential
This course qualifies for the SAITMicro badge. Students who successfully complete this course with a final grade of A- (80%) or higher will earn a micro-credential and receive a shareable digital badge. Learn more.
Upon successful completion of this course, you will be able to:
- Draw freehand technical sketches that meet accepted dimension standards and conventions
- Set up an AutoCAD drawing according to standard industry practices
- Create objects using computer-aided design and drafting tools
- Create multi-view drawings using orthographic projection techniques
- Develop isometric drawings of an object