This course provides further instructions and materials to produce intermediate-level 2D drawings using AutoCAD software. Key topics include: graphic manipulation, grips, crosshatching advanced measurement, utility commands, blocks, special entities, advanced settings, viewports, advanced text, dimensioning, reference files, polylines, printing and plotting.
Earn a SAIT Micro-credential
This course qualifies for the SAITMicro badge. Students who successfully complete this course with a final grade of A- (80%) or higher will earn a micro-credential and receive a shareable digital badge. Learn more.
Upon completion of this course, you will be able to:
- Work effectively with the AutoCAD workspace
- Use coordinates, tracking, construction lines and reference points to accurately position objects
- Create and modify a parametric drawing
- Create and edit Blocks
- Create templates, layers and standard layouts
- Create advanced layouts using named views and multiple viewports, adding layer overrides and modifying annotative scales
- Create annotation styles, including Text, Dimension and Multileader styles
- Open, attach and work effectively with reference files
- Create a two-dimensional (2D) isometric drawing
- Plot a drawing.
CADD 112 is the mandatory requirement for this course. You are required to show proof of completion by emailing firstname.lastname@example.org.