CMPH 002 - A+ In Depth - Operating Systems
This second A+ course in the series will prepare you to install, manage and configure brand new OS installations of Windows desktop operating systems. An overview of Linux, MacOS and Windows Server operating systems is also a part of this course. You'll explore other topics including client-side virtualization, an introduction to Active Directory, Windows native volume, file and folder encryption.
Upon completion of this course, you will be able to:
- plan, install, update and configure Windows 11
- understand the benefits of cloud computing and virtualization
- understand how to use, manage, and configure several Windows system components, system tools, general applications, Performance Monitor, and virtual memory while performing basic Windows troubleshooting steps and recognizing the challenges presented by DRM and software licensing
- install and manage Linux applications
- update and backup Windows, MacOS and Linux operating systems and prepare for disaster recovery on Windows
- analyze the Windows boot and start-up process and related troubleshooting
- manage files and folders through use of file system permissions, utilities, and encryption
- configure Active Directory Users and Computers to create user accounts and security groups on Windows Server
- configure remote services including a Virtual Private Network (VPN) on a Windows client
- understand how to manage and support several types of peripheral devices.
NotesPlease note that this is a prep course for A+ certification.
RecommendationsPrerequisite: CMPH 001 is a prerequisite prior to taking this course
Applies Towards the Following Certificates
- IT Technician Certificate of Achievement : Required Courses