User Experience (UX) Design is a design process intended to help you create products and services that provide positive experiences to users. You can launch a career in this emerging field that has seen strong growth in recent years across a broad spectrum of industries in Alberta. Through hands-on learning experiences, you will explore design and psychological fundamentals, the application of UX tools, and the human-centered design process by which user interactions and needs are identified and integrated into products. You will develop UX research and design skills that will prepare you to collaborate as a UX Researcher/Designer as you partner with product managers on a multidisciplinary capstone project. This project will provide applied learning opportunities for you to use your UX design skills to design a product or service that addresses real-world user needs.
Earn a Micro-Credential
This course qualifies for the SAITMicro badge. Students who successfully complete this course with a final grade of A- (80%) or higher will earn a micro-credential and receive a shareable digital badge. Learn more.
Get the support you need to advance your tech-driven career
Connect with our experts about:
- course advising
- funding options
- career support
Upon completing this course, you will understand how to:
- develop a design thinking mindset and critical thinking skills that contribute to your growth as a UX/UI professional
- perform UX research to empathize and gather data
- analyze research findings to recommend solutions
- generate wireframes and prototypes using digital design tools
- validate prototypes through usability testing techniques
- facilitate the implementation of user experience guidelines and design systems
- design a product supported by UX research to solve a real-world friction point
- create a portfolio to showcase your UI/UX skills
- demonstrate essential skills in an agile environment working with a product team.
There are no prerequisites for this course.