Course DescriptionUser Experience (UX) Design is a design process intended to create products and services that provide positive experiences to users. It is an emergent field that has seen strong growth in recent years across a broad spectrum of industries in Alberta. Through hands-on learning experiences, you will explore design and psychological fundamentals, the application of UX tools, and the human-centered design process by which user interactions and needs are identified and integrated into products. You will develop UX research and design skills that will prepare you to collaborate as a UX Researcher/Designer , partnered with product managers, in a multidisciplinary capstone project. This project will provide applied learning opportunities to use your UX design skills to design a product or service that addresses real-world user needs.
- Develop a design thinking mindset and critical thinking skills that contribute to your growth as a UX/UI professional;
- Perform UX research to empathize and gather data;
- Analyze research findings to recommend solutions;
- Generate wireframes and prototypes using digital design tools;
- Validate prototypes through usability testing techniques;
- Facilitate the implementation of user experience guidelines and design systems;
- Design a product supported by UX research to solve a real-world friction point;
- Create a portfolio to showcase your UI/UX skills;
- Demonstrate essential skills in an agile environment working with a product team.
There are no prerequisites for this course.