AUDI 013 - Intermediate Live Sound Engineering
Course DescriptionThis course challenges you to develop the advanced skills needed to configure and operate digital mixers, along with corresponding routing networks for distribution of data. You'll focus on learning about digital data processing and distribution in the live sound environment while exploring comparisons between digital and analog signal processing. You will leave this course with a fundamental working knowledge of digital mixing systems and their applications in the live sound environment.
Earn a Micro-Credential
This course qualifies for the SAITMicro badge. Students who successfully complete this course with a final grade of A- (80%) or higher will earn a micro-credential and receive a shareable digital badge. Learn more.
Upon completing this course, you will know how to:
- discuss the basics of a digital processing environment
- explain differences in signal parameters between analog and digital
- apply advanced technical concepts in microphone technique
- demonstrate the basic operation of a digital mixing console
- describe how to setup and operate a live digital recording system
- describe the use of digital compression, gates, and equalization
- explain how to setup and operate a portable intercom system
- demonstrate proper operation of a sound system with digital control.
NotesAll courses AUDI and VDEO
- usb stick for all (32GB)
- video portable SSD Drive (1TB)
- plug in headphones
- laptop with standard SAIT requirements
Applies Towards the Following Certificates
- Digital Audio Certificate of Achievement : If pursuing the full certificate, we recommend taking the courses in this order: