CMPH 003 - A+ In Depth - Networking and Security
This third A+ course in the series will teach you about networking, wireless, IoT, printers and network security concepts. You'll focus on core networking concepts and best security practices in a threat-saturated landscape. You will leave the course able to manage, secure, support and troubleshoot endpoint and intermediary devices to create a secure network.
Upon completion of this course, you will be able to:
- compare and contrast the characteristics of network topologies
- understand commonly used TCP/IP suite protocols, their characteristics, and port numbers
- discuss numbering systems, MAC and IP addressing and configure the TCP/IP properties on a NIC (Network Interface Card)
- understand and configure services provided by network devices including server computers and IoT smart devices
- understand wireless standards and configure wireless devices
- summarize and configure SOHO network devices
- compare and contrast Internet connections, common networking hardware, and networking components
- use command line tools and troubleshoot common network-related problems, including wireless network problems
- understand how to support, configure, manage, and troubleshoot mobile devices including laptop computers
- understand how Mobile Device Management (MDM), Mobile Application Management (MAM), and Multiple Factor Authentication (MFA) can mitigate specific concerns related to mobile devices
- demonstrate how to configure, manage, support, and troubleshoot a printer and printing-related issues
- implement common security practices, procedures, and policies to secure data and devices both physically and logically to mitigate security threats.
NotesPlease note that this is a prep course for A+ certification.
CMPH 002 is a prerequisite prior to taking this course
Applies Towards the Following Certificates
- IT Technician Certificate of Achievement : Required Courses