This third A+ course in the series will include networking, wireless, IoT, printers, and network security concepts. The focus will be on core networking concepts and best security practices in a threat-saturated landscape. Students will leave the course able to manage, secure, support and troubleshoot endpoint and intermediary devices to create a secure network.
Upon completion of this course, you will be able to:
- Compare and contrast the characteristics of network topologies.
- Understand commonly used TCP/IP suite protocols, their characteristics, and port numbers.
- Discuss numbering systems, MAC and IP addressing and configure the TCP/IP properties on a NIC (Network Interface Card).
- Understand and configure services provided by network devices including server computers and IoT smart devices.
- Understand wireless standards and configure wireless devices.
- Summarize and configure SOHO network devices.
- Compare and contrast Internet connections, common networking hardware, and networking components.
- Use command line tools and troubleshoot common network-related problems, including wireless network problems.
- Understand how to support, configure, manage, and troubleshoot mobile devices including laptop computers.
- Understand how Mobile Device Management (MDM), Mobile Application Management (MAM), and Multiple Factor Authentication (MFA) can mitigate specific concerns related to mobile devices.
- Demonstrate how to configure, manage, support, and troubleshoot a printer and printing-related issues.
- Implement common security practices, procedures, and policies to secure data and devices both physically and logically to mitigate security threats.
NotesPlease note that this is a prep course for A+ certification.
RecommendationsWe strongly recommend taking CMPH 001 and CMPH 002 prior to this course
Applies Towards the Following Certificates
- IT Technician Certificate of Achievement : Required Courses